Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Antenna & Regulator

The Comet H-422 Rotary Dipole that I've ordered from Wan (9W2UN) finally arrived. Don't ask how much it cost because I'm not suppose to reveal the price to anyone. It looks like I won't have any money left for a new Yaesu FT950.
From what I've read in the eHam antenna review (http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5763), the performance is quite good on 20 and 40 meter band and it also caters for 10 and 15 meter bands.
I still can't find the time to assemble the antenna and with the heavy showers almost every evening, it is almost impossible to have it up on the roof during this monson season. This antenna is about 24 feet long in "V" position and I'll have it mounted on the exisiting rotator, about 20 feet above ground level. With the instruction manual in Japanese, it will take quite sometime to figure out the assembly. I think it will take me 2 hours to have it fully assembled. It doesn't look too complicated but the real headache is to have it up on the roof. Hope to be on 20 and 40 meter bands soon.
Last couple of weeks I have been busy shopping on eBay for used US Divers regulator parts. My plan is to have the same regulator setup that I had in 1992. I found bits and pieces of the regulator and it will take a while for me to have the complete set up rebuild and ready for my next dive. I've recently bought the SEA first stage and the SEA2 second stage, which are in very good condition and I'm now left with just the Data Pro Combo SPG and the SE2 octopus. I should be able to have the last two items in the next couple of days.
I'm surpised that the items are not that expensive on eBay, mostly from sellers in the States and the service parts are still available from the local Aqualung distributor, Planet Scuba in Bangsar. I'll post a picture of the complete setup once I have all the parts assembled and serviced. I hope to have the regulator ready for my next diving trip to Sipadan on the 27 December.

1 Comments:

Blogger Poh Swee Hiang said...

At first I thought you are going to fix the antenna to the regulator... Not that, yeah?

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home