Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yaesu FT-950

After reading the reviews on the new Yaesu FT-950 in http://www.eham.net/ and the March 2008 issue of QST magazine, I have decided to get one for my shack. Since the price of the FT-950 is almost tripple of that of the Icom IC-718, I will most probably have to dispose off my Icom IC-718 to help fund part of this purchase.

It will be sad for me to part with the IC-718 as it has been a very faithful and reliable HF transceiver. With its basic features, this tranceiver is very easy to operate. You don't need to read the manual, just make the right connections and you are ready to go on air. It looks like it will be a challenge for me to operate the FT-950.

I hope to have the Yaesu FT-950 in my shack by May 2008. If anyone is interested in a used IC-718, MFJ 945E antenna tuner and a 20A homebrew linear power supply, please email me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home